Kipling, founded in 1987, is a leading European lifestyle brand with design-driven products sold in more than 80 countries worldwide. The product line includes handbags, luggage, backpacks, and accessories.
Organized in 1899, VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with global iconic brands, 64,000 associates and $12.4 billion in revenue. Our businesses and brands are organized into four categories called coalitions, comprising: Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, and Sportswear. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provide a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world. VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
About the Position
The Sales Associate is someone that is personable, energetic, highly organized, and hard working. This individual should have a passion for the fashion industry and should enjoy working with a team. The Sales Associate is responsible for driving sales, daily operations, merchandising, and loss prevention.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Sales: Demonstrate a customer-centric mindset by modeling selling behaviors with a passion for the brand, the customer, and the product. Deliver results that contribute to the store’s success. Aware of and accountable to store and individual sales goals.
- Brand Experience/Customer Service: Exemplify an optimistic and energetic presence through team collaboration while building strong relationships with customers to maximize customer loyalty. Provide solutions and inspiration to customers about the brand.
- Working with the Team: Work collaboratively with the store team to achieve store objectives and sales results. Maintain a positive attitude and be flexible to the changing needs of the customer and the business.
- Store Standards: Ensure product is always available to the customer and represented in a compelling way that is consistent with visual guidelines. Ensure the store is consistently recovered and customer-ready every day, meeting brand standards on the salesfloor and in the stockroom areas.
- Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Adhere to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protect company assets. Comply with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Report all concerns to management.
- Professional Conduct: Model behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and the brand.
Skills for Success
- Previous retail or service-oriented experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work with a team to exceed sales results
- Ability to meet business goals by meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Regularly interact with the public in a crowded/noisy environment
- Engaging verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet performance expectations
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service in a retail environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; available during peak times including weekends, evenings, and holidays
Special Physical Requirements
- Standing required for entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds (as needed)
- Contributing to Team’s Success
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards