SUPERVISOR / KEYHOLDER
Original Penguin is an American clothing line with roots in the 1950s and 60s, the brand specializes in clothing, footwear, and eyewear. Original Penguin embodies a mix of iconic American Sportswear with modern-minded style into a diverse range of products for a full lifestyle brand. Made for originals, by originals.
About the Role
The Supervisor actively supports and reinforces the Store Manager in ensuring the store meets its goals and standards in the areas of financial performance, customer satisfaction, and visual. The Supervisor is expected to display and encourage selling skills that lead to high sales productivity to motivate staff members to meet goals and expectations set forth by the company. They will be responsible for operating the store in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Welcome and greet customers in a friendly manner.
- Achieves excellent scores on secret shopper reports.
- Promotes merchandise and demonstrates product knowledge to customers and assists them with any requests.
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude.
- Achieves store financial objectives in the areas of sales goals, comp-store increases, sales per square foot, expense control, units per transaction, payroll percent, and shrinkage.
- Promotes sales contest and promotional directives set forth by the company.
- Communicate regularly with Store Manager regarding operating and merchandise issues.
- Supervises leads and motivates staff members.
- Participates in visual merchandising standards and directives set forth by the company.
- Ensures replenishment of merchandise on the selling floor as needed.
- Ensures all company sales and markdown directives are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with visual presentation standards set forth by the company.
- Responsible for the protection of the Company assets (Inventory, Cash, Store fixturing and all other company property).
- Communicates all loss prevention occurrences to Store Manager.
- Practices excellent customer service at all times in order to prevent possible theft.
- Adheres to and upholds all policies and procedures regarding loss prevention.
- Energetic and positive attitude.
- 1-2 years of retail experience
- Flexible availability; reliable transportation.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Customer service-oriented. (outgoing, friendly, and personable with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 25 pounds
- High school degree
Benefits at Perry
- Employee discount: 30% off selling price to outlet stores and 60% off MSRP full price
- Accumulated personal/sick time off
- 401(k) plan
- Contest and recognition programs