Kipling, founded in 1987, is a leading European lifestyle brand with design-driven products sold in more than 40 countries worldwide. The product line includes handbags, luggage, backpacks, and accessories.
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
About the Position
As the Store Manager, you will have the great responsibility to inspire, motivate, lead and develop an entire store team. You will provide leadership and direction to the store staff and successfully champion business strategies, vision and values. Additionally, you will impact the overall bottom line by maintaining optimal staffing levels, recruiting, hiring, educating, and motivating a team of brand advocates who in turn inspire the customer. You are responsible for setting the example for customer engagement that exceeds industry standards. You will maximize store profitability by controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed.
How You Will Make a Difference
- You will maximize store sales and achieve store sales goals. You will measure and monitor sales progress and results against key targets. You will lead an environment of productivity by ensuring store staff has the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement. Manages labor and payroll expenses to maximize sales and profitability.
- You will ensure excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. You will set standards that all staff are engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. You will lead and inspire a customer-centric culture by recognizing and rewarding teams’ successes. You will ensure the store team is an active brand ambassador within the community through proactively seeking opportunities to engage with the customers and support or participate in community initiatives outside the four walls of the store. You will support store marketing events and grow relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
- You will provide coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, and operations. You will monitor, evaluate, and execute training programs and leverage corporate partners to educate staff on product and assortment to enhance selling and customer engagement. You will organize and lead store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. You will ensure store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth. You will partner with the District Manager and/or Human Resources to set performance goals for your team for their personal skills development.
- You will ensure that all company and store policies and procedures are followed and that the store meets all store audit requirements. You will create and manage store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business within the allotted labor allowance. You will be responsible for achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, loss prevention, store audits, and weekly reports as required.
- You will ensure the visual merchandising standards for the store are met and implement floor-sets and merchandising directives. You will communicate with corporate partners regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. You will be responsible for ensuring that the store’s inventory integrity is maintained through proper shipping and receiving procedures and by communicating concerns directly to the District Manager as needed.
- You will attract, recruit, and hire high caliber talent and actively maintain a succession plan and pool of qualified candidates for open positions within the store. Creates and develops a high-performing team of customer focused associates. You will be responsible for communication and delivery of rewards and recognition programs for the store team. You will direct store leadership team on human resource decisions in partnership with District Manager and/or Human Resources. You will address performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. You will ensure on-going specific and immediate feedback is provided to the team. You will oversee the annual performance appraisal process, evaluate staff, and ensurs all staff members receive ongoing feedback regarding their performance. You will ensure compliance with employee record keeping policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all HR/Payroll requirements according to established standards and practices including new hires, rehires, position changes, etc. You will partner with the District Manager and Human Resources and facilitate disciplining and terminating employees when necessary. You will maintain the Open Door Policy.
- You will ensure compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. You will protect company assets and ensure compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. You will partner with Loss Prevention partners to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet district and company shrink goals. You will react quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with District Manager and Human Resources immediately.
- You will model behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and the brand. You will promote an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
Skills for Success
- 2+ year(s) of related professional management experience.
- Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred, but not required; or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ year(s) in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results.
- Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team.
- Ability to coach and motivate a team to exceed sales and profit goals.
- Ability to meet business goals by driving results through a team.
- Regularly interact with the public in a crowded/noisy environment.
- Engaging verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Able to meet performance expectations.
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service in a retail environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; available during peak times including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Special Physical Requirements
- Ability to operate office equipment and technology (computers, phones, etc.)
- Standing required for entire work shift.
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds (as needed).
- Travel (less than 10% of the time).