STORE MANAGER, Robert Graham - Twin Cities, MN
Robert Graham founded in 2001, is an American eclectic luxury men's and women's apparel brand. We sell to top US retailers including Neiman Marcus, Saks along with the very best specialties retailers, as well as key doors internationally. Our Company offers excellent career growth opportunities, competitive salaries and benefits within a dynamic work environment.
Position is responsible to provide support with the overall management of the store, staff, merchandise and customer service, while promoting a sales culture to build productivity and passion for the brand. This position will ensure that all internal and external customers receive exemplary service and receive a positive store/brand experience, per below requirements and expectations:
- Meet sales goals
- Continuously motivate sales staff to meet assigned sales and productivity goals
- Support the development of associates' sales techniques, ensuring utilization of elevated levels of sales and service to maximize sales
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise; ensure selling staff fluent in all aspects of product knowledge
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an active role on the selling floor
- Collaborate with the Area Manager and VP of Stores to identify marketing opportunities to support sales
- Works with the Retail Operations and Marketing teams to develop events/incentives that will continue to grow customer base, with particular emphasis on building local market
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service to achieve World Class Service standards.
- Ensure staff maintains constant client communication through utilizing their client books and client database
- Resolves all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
- Assists sales associates with various customer service issues i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise.
- Empowers associates to make decisions in the customer's best interest that also support the Company's philosophy
- Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization
- Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed including: bank deposits, safe funds and petty cash
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets, continually striving to reduce costs
- Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
- Monitor the movement of all inventory and ensure that staff adheres to all Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures
- Meet inventory accuracy and shrink requirements
- Ensure staff is trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Understands and properly execute all management register functions
- Support, promote and assume responsibility for loss prevention in all areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, inventory management, inter-store communication
- Build and maintain good communication with members of corporate office,regional office, mall office and other stores
- Exhibit proficiency in computer programs used by the Company including:Word, Excel, Outlook
- Maintains all merchandising directives and ensure execution of effective merchandising strategies
- Partner with logistics, product teams and supervisor to ensure appropriate assortment for the store
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction
- Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
- Communicate inventory needs to the corporate retail team in order to support the business goal
- Continually evaluates the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
- Resolves all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner,partnering with HR when necessary
- Ensures integrity of payroll and the payroll process
- Ensures image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
- Supports and follow human resources policies and procedures
Skills and Requirements
- Sales and Goal Oriented -- Must have the ability to maintain and communicate company's commitment to goals, drive sales, and measure team's performance.
- Developmental and Training Skills -- The ability to recognize and recruit talent, delegate responsibility, and work with staff and coach them to help them grow. Must be able to motivate staff and provide prompt and specific feedback.
- Performance Management Skills -- Must be able to take responsibility not only for own performance but for the output of the team by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly. Clarify expectations and provide resources and training needed to achieve goals.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of management experience within a fashion/luxury retail store environment
- Experience managing retail sales staffing and schedules
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and be on call to cover store operational needs as required
This is a full time job with great benefits, including but not limited to salary and biweekly commission.
Robert Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer