Store Manager - Meadows Mall
New York & Company - Inland Empire - OVERVIEW: The SM ensures the service and selling environment within the store is fun and engaging for customers at all times. The SM is responsible for making critical decisions that contribute to growing the customer base and driving profitable sales growth. The SM directs all Sales/Credit, Talent, Customer and Operations functions within the store.
• Create, modify and execute in-store business strategies to drive sales results and achieve individual and store goals in line with Company initiatives; Demonstrate a high-level of business acumen and understanding of Company reporting
• Adjust and implement plans/directions/schedules and act with a sense of urgency to meet the changing priorities, store needs and demands of the business
• Effectively promote all brand initiatives, including credit, to achieve individual and store goals
• Accountable for store results; Hold store team accountable for performance to improve key metrics and drive sales
• Create and implement the talent strategy to develop a high-performing and engaged store team accountable for results
• Ensure talent is properly onboarded and adequately trained; -
• Provide store team with in-the-moment feedback and coaching on selling behaviors, customer service, operational tasks, merchandising, etc.
• Manage the ongoing development of the store team, including identifying and resolving performance issues and policy violations, in partnership with the District Manager and Brand Headquarters partners as necessary
• Network, recruit, interview and hire for in-store open positions and build a bench of talent
• Create and maintain a store culture that is committed to exceeding customer expectations and delivering the highest level of customer service at all times
• Communicate customer feedback, best sellers, business trends and recommendations to the District Manager
• Apply fashion knowledge to make product recommendations and style customers on the sales floor and in the fitting room
• Balance customers and tasks simultaneously using good judgment and teamwork
• Oversee merchandise standards to maximize sales within the store and escalate issues accordingly
• Manage the visual presentation execution, including floorset and promotional updates; provide pictures as requested and escalate issues accordingly
• Ensure that the sales floor is full, sized, organized and clean and the backroom is to brand standard
• Own store’s compliance to all Company policies and procedures, including the New York & Company Code of Business Conduct and Loss Prevention policies
• Conduct routine store audits as directed and formulate strategies to improve results
• Lead the creation and implementation of strategies to achieve store shrink goals
• Write effective schedules and orchestrate proper floor coverage to meet business needs
• Proactively monitor and regulate store payroll and all other controllable expenses
• Maintain store safety standards and identify, resolve, and escalate store maintenance issues as needed
• Perform transactions including ringing at the Sales & Services desk, processing shipment, etc.
• 3 years of retail management experience with at least 1 year as a Store Manager preferred
• Physical ability to be on the sales floor for extended periods of time, and to move and handle merchandise and fixtures throughout the store which may entail lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, based on business needs
• Strong leadership presence, fashionable, passionate, acts with integrity, driven, accountable and a team player
• Demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales/credit goals, talent management, customer service, visual merchandising/marketing, and operations
• Minimal travel may be required
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
As an equal opportunity employer, New York & Company does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, genetic disorder, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. New York & Company only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.