Sales Associate - Ingram Park Mall
New York & Company - San Antonio / Texas Border - OVERVIEW: The SA participates in ensuring the service and selling environment within the store is fun and engaging for
customers at all times. The SA performs a variety of responsibilities assigned by the Store Leadership team which may include driving sales, delivering outstanding customer service, merchandising, cashiering and processing freight.
• Drive sales results and achieve individual and store goals in line with Company initiatives
• Follow plans/directions/schedules and act with a sense of urgency to meet the changing priorities, store needs and
demands of the business
• Effectively promote all brand initiatives, including credit, to achieve individual and store goals
• Support a store culture that is committed to exceeding customer expectations and delivering the highest level of customer
service at all times
• Communicate customer feedback, best sellers, business trends and recommendations to Store Management
• Apply fashion knowledge to make product recommendations and style customers on the sales floor and in the fitting room
• Balance customers and tasks simultaneously using good judgment and teamwork
• Maintain merchandise standards to maximize sales within the store and escalate issues accordingly
• Support the visual presentation execution, including floorset and promotional updates
• Maintain the sales floor so that it is full, sized, organized and clean and the backroom is to brand standard
• Abide by all Company policies and procedures, including the New York & Company Code of Business Conduct and Loss
• Participate in initiatives to achieve store shrink goals
• Follow leadership direction to maintain proper floor coverage to meet business needs
• Maintain store safety standards and report store maintenance issues to Store Management as needed
• Perform transactions including ringing at the Sales & Services desk, processing shipment, etc.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• 1 year of retail sales experience preferred
• Physical ability to be on the sales floor for extended periods of time, and to move and handle merchandise and fixtures
throughout the store which may entail lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
• Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, based on business needs
• Fashionable, passionate, acts with integrity, driven, accountable and a team player
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
As an equal opportunity employer, New York & Company does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, genetic disorder, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. New York & Company only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.