Lead Sales Associate
We have two roles available – one as a Lead Sales Associate and one as a Showroom Assistant available in our Washington DC showroom.
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base.
Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists, we’ve never forgotten our local Dorset roots.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our showroom team in Washington DC.
You will be responsible for driving sales, providing the highest level of customer service, as well as helping the team meet and exceed targets. In the Lead Sales Associate role, you will also be required to step in in the absence of the Showroom Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to release your creative potential and grow our global luxury paint and wallpaper brand.
If you have a genuine passion for colour, a zest to provide the highest level of customer service, and a real desire to drive sales, we can offer you a rewarding and challenging career at Farrow & Ball.
What we expect from you
- Actively selling the complete Farrow & Ball product assortment with the ability develop and close sales and experience in client follow up.
- Assisting the showroom management team in delivering budgeted sales and targets.
- Driving key KPI’s by leading on sales and non-sales activity as directed by the Showroom Manager.
- Cultivate strong relationships with the A&D community both existing and potential.
- Promote Farrow & Ball and inspire clients through sharing brand stories and technical information.
- Resolve difficult client issues and escalate to your Showroom Manager when necessary.
- Shared responsibility for opening and closing the Showroom which includes securing door, successful arming of the Showroom and POS procedures.
- Possess a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures and consistently follow and enforce company guidelines to Showroom operations.
- Proactively selling the colour consultancy service and providing accurate advice on colour and suitability.
- Lead by example, set the pace and standard in the showroom ensuring that Farrow & Ball Customers receive the highest levels of customer service at all times, serving Customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Assisting with stock management ensuring deliveries are put away timely and ensuring the shop floor is replenished at all times.
- Assist or carry out other duties during periods of high workload, sickness, holidays and emergencies.
- Highly effective communicator with both internal and external clients.
- Experienced in the driving of retail sales on the selling floor
- Exceptional selling and closing skills, having the desire to follow up to close sales.
- Experience in luxury retail is highly desirable.
- Strong business acumen, with a passion and interest in colour and interior design.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Technical knowledge of paint and wallpaper is a desirable.
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
- 401K scheme matched by F&B
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Employee Share Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- 10 days’ annual leave which increases with length of service plus statutory holidays (Lead Sales Associate role only)
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision (Lead Sales Associate role only)
- Life Assurance (Lead Sales Associate role only)
We are an equal opportunities employer.