DISTRICT MANAGER, Department Store Retail
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion. If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The District Manager is responsible for recruiting, training, and developing Shop Managers and Shop Specialists in the Michael Kors wholesale shop-in-shop environment within New York and Connecticut . Additionally, the District Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding wholesale district plans, implementing sales driving strategies, maintaining visual merchandising standards, and developing strong relationships with retail partners to achieve sales results.
- Meet sales goals by working with Regional Manager, corporate office, and retail partners on a consistent basis to identify and communicate ideas and opportunities to drive sales for the district
- Analyze sales reports to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Ensure individual sales goals are set for Shop Managers and manage results to ensure peak performance
- Train and develop Shop Managers on visual merchandising standards, product knowledge , best practices and Michael Kors’ selling strategies
- Train retail partners on sales strategies, product knowledge, and visual merchandising standards through various monthly, quarterly, and seasonal training seminars
- Develop clear, consistent, timely, and effective methods of communication with internal and external business partners
- Recruit top talent for Shop Manager and Shop Specialist roles
- Continually evaluate the performance and development of each Shop Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 3+ years of Buying/Sales, Merchandising and/or Department Store experience
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills: email, phone, etc.
- Proficiency in Retail Math and computer software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have car with valid driver’s license and home office (w/ printer, fax , etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V