DEPARTMENT MANAGER - 5th Avenue Flagship
Established in 1988, Ted Baker London has grown from its humble roots as a shirt specialist in Glasgow, to a global lifestyle brand with over 100 locations in Europe, the US, Australia, the Middle East, Far East and Southeast Asia. As 'no ordinary designer label', Ted Baker offers menswear, womenswear, accessories (and everything in between), and is renowned for high quality and a distinctive use of pattern and
color. The brand's unconventional approach to fashion, irreverent sense of humor and, above all, unswerving attention to detail, appeals to style-conscious men and women who trust Ted to deliver
that certain something... a little out of the ordinary.
So, You Think You've Got What it Takes. . .
Our approach is "no ordinary" and so are our people. Ted is looking for talenTED new recruits to join his expanding US team. A sharp CV is a good start but experience alone doesn't always count for everything. If you're a fashionable lad or lass and know the difference between a loo and a lift, then you might just make the cut. And don't forget, Ted has a soft spot for the cheeky, innovative, creative and flirty. If this is music to your ears, then you may very well have found your next home.
ExciTED for a new opportunity? Ted Baker London is currently seeking a talented and passionate Department Manager for our 5th Avenue Flagship!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure the team maximizes sales potential by the correct use of all resources, leadership and team motivation.
- Deliver effective recruitment, training and motivation of the team.
- Adapt personal, interpersonal and Managerial behavior to bring out the best in people and enhance the company brand values.
- Ensure store and team members are presented to the highest possible standards in line with brand expectation. Be competent in product knowledge and feedback regularly to Store Manager on performance and opportunities.
- Reflect the values of the brand with integrity and respect for others. Be seen as truthful, fair and trustworthy and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the brand.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Use feedback to modify and develop alternative solutions and be prepared to make decisions.
- Be competent in knowledge of stores performance and have a keen awareness of local market, support team to develop client opportunities.
- Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks correctly and on time. Manage store systems/processes to support a sales environment and achieve operational guidelines.
- Partner with Store Manager and Operations Manager on all back of house operations and systems/processes to support a sales environment and achieve operational & LP guidelines to protect all assets
- Collaborate with Store Manager in areas of risk management, physical security (health & safety), store cash controls (bank deposits, safe, petty cash), and inventory management (stock take, stock counts)
Ideal candidates will have:
- 3-5 years sales and team management experience
- 3-5 years of retail sales experience in a high end, contemporary environment, with a passion for product, retail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Established relationships in the local marketplace