Reports To: General Manager
Type: Casual, Non-Exempt
discover your purpose…
Inspire customers to express themselves in their kitchen. Bring the Williams-Sonoma shopping experience to a seamless close as you assist customers & complete sales at the cash wrap. Promote continued customer engagement & give customers a reason to stay connected with our Brand.
who we are…
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
who you are…
• Love to close a sale & can articulate a proven ability to exceed goals
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box
• Passionate about creating lasting relationships with customers by capturing contacts, re-connecting & promoting all of the inspiration, events & services Williams-Sonoma has to offer including the Williams-Sonoma Credit Card & product launches
• Know what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal style & needs
• Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
At Williams-Sonoma you will….
• Consistently keep the store energy lively & upbeat for customers & your teammates
• Engage multiple clients at the cash wrap & create a positive, lasting impression by offering personalized service
• Accurately & efficiently perform register/POS transactions, sales, returns, exchanges, etc.
• Ensure accurate ringing & pricing of merchandise, use appropriate price overrides when necessary to charge the correct, current price of SKUs
• Manage all aspects of a customer’s expectations, clearly communicating product information, care, maintenance, timeframes & delivery
• Affirm the client’s purchase & offer additional merchandise suggestions to complement & complete initial selections & build sales
• Ensure client is aware of all promotions that may impact sales
• Share information & testimonials about product, in-store events & workshops that will enhance the customer experience
• Maintain visual standards & supplies of the cash wrap area
• Maximize all of the resources available to get the customer what they want & resolve any issues
• Perform other duties as assigned by management – comply with all Company policies and procedures
• Foster an environment where all associates are treated fairly & with dignity & respect, in accordance with our People-First Philosophy
• Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, models personal accountability, builds operations excellence & drives execution
what we’re looking for…
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 1-2 years of experience in a customer service role
• Excellent communication skills & passion for working with people
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of four regularly scheduled shifts, two regularly scheduled shifts during the weekend* (Saturday and/or Sunday) and two regularly scheduled shifts during weekdays. Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
• Ability to operate POS system.
*Example: A Casual associate has open availability on Saturday, but does not have Sunday availability. The associate still satisfies the requirement of having two available shifts on the weekend, both just happen to be on Saturday.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet. Among all of our brands, we cover every room in the house: from the kitchen to the living room, bedroom, home office, and even the hall closet. To learn more about who we are, where we came from and what we've accomplished, visit our corporate timeline.