Job Description The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for driving sales and profit in their identified area of business, supporting overall store performance and achievement of all company objectives; as well as leading and inspiring a high performance team. The ASM is also responsible for supporting a high level of engagement and a people development culture throughout the store.
• Responsible for achievement of Sales, Controllable Profit, EBITDA, Payroll Management, P&L performance, Email Capture rate, Shipping porcoss
• Supports the selling and service processes; provides leadership and motivation to team in achieving sales goals, driving omni channel growth and execution of company initiatives
• Monitors store payroll rate and expense; Monitors staffing in his/ her area, ensuring scheduling aligns with overall business needs and traffic flow.
• Develops and retains direct reports, ensuring their readiness for increased responsibilities and providing a bench of internal talent who are upwardly mobile to fill critical positions.
• Manages poor performance and terminations in his/ her area appropriately, in partnership with the Employee Relations Service Center and Legal department, to improve overall productivity
• Supports achievement of the inventory shortage strategy, results, and concerns, the Store Audit, and communicates policies and procedures to store populations and performance of the team.
• 4 year degree preferred.
• 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume and/or proven track record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving results
• Proficiency in utilizing available technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.)
• Ability to develop, plan and execute strategies to maximize opportunities.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Flexible availability to work evenings, weekends and holiday schedules.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.